Wednesday, October 18, 2017

15 month old | Daily Schedule

Since the 9 month old daily schedule post was such a hit that I decided to come back and do an update.  Of course, this schedule isn't for everyone or the "right" way to do things but it's what's working for us so I thought I would share.


At around 12 months, we decided to start gradually taking away the bottle and transitioning to whole milk (please note, this was not by advice of our doctor, just a decision we made ourselves).  We lucked out and our son isn't very sensitive to change so this transition happened without any issues.  I decided to first transition him over to whole milk.  I started mixing the whole milk with his formula so he would get used to the flavor.  I also kept serving it to him at room(ish) temperature since that's what he's used to.  Around 13 months he was completely on whole milk and mostly bottles.  Around this time, we started introducing the milk into his sippy cup (I'll do a whole separate post of his favorite sippy cups for milk and water...we've been through a LOT!).  I started transitioning to to sippy cup with his morning bottle. Since he wakes up starving, I figure he would drink his milk out of anything!!  That trick worked perfectly!  I just started gradually giving him more and more of the sippy cup.  Before we reached 14 months, he was 100% drinking whole milk from a sippy cup.

Here's our typical routine -

7:30am - wake up + 8 oz milk (whole milk in sippy cup)

8:30am - breakfast with water

9:00-10:30am - Nap #1

11:00am - snack (usually yogurt) with water

12:00pm - lunch with water

1:00-3:30pm - Nap #2

4:00pm - snack with milk (whole milk in sippy cup)

5:30/6:00pm - dinner with water

6:30pm - bath

7:00pm - bed



No comments:

Post a Comment