Friday, October 20, 2017

Favorite Sippy Cups for Toddlers

Let me tell you...we've been through our share of sippy cups as I'm sure most first time moms go through in order to find the perfect one.  By no means have we found perfection but here are a list of some of our favorites!

Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup: I think all moms own this cup!  This is the first cup we gave to our son with water and he loved it and still drinks from it often.


NUK Learner Cup: This one worked well for us to start giving him milk out of a sippy.  It's small enough that he could hold and get used to the new "cup".  Initially, during the day he would drink 4oz of milk at a time so this smaller cup worked well for us.  The little handles come off so that's a nice option.  We usually took the handles off so it would feel more like his normal Dr. Brown's bottle.  IMPORTANT NOTE: I cut the holes to be bigger so the milk would flow faster! Let me know if you want a tutorial but it's pretty easy.  My son would get so distracted so the quicker the milk flow, the happier we all are!
NUK Active 10 ounce Cup: Once he started dropping milk sessions throughout the day, he was drinking larger amounts at a time (especially first thing in the morning) so these larger NUK cups worked better for us.  I love the clear one because it shows the ounce amount but it's definitely more expensive so we ended up buying more of the blue/turtle one.  Cheap mom, sorry!  Again, I cut the holes to be much bigger so the milk would flow faster.

Munchkin Click Lock Weighted Straw Cup: I think this is his all time favorite cup for milk and water. I don't know how but he learned around 7ish months how to drink from a straw.  I quickly purchased this cup and served him water so he could keep practicing.  He's a pro now and loves this cup.

Contego Kids Gizmo Water Bottle: Since he did so well with the weighted straw cup above and drank so much water throughout the day, I decided to give these bottles a try. He absolutely loves drinking his water from these bottles.  I add ice and he loves it even more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment