Friday, January 24, 2014

Bar Method + 10 miler Training

I'm planning to run the 2014 Cherry Blossom 10 miler...my absolute favorite race of the year!  I'm so excited to incorporate Bar Method into my training program this year.  I ran the Turkey Chase on Thanksgiving morning and my legs felt the strongest they have ever felt during a race.  I owe this completely to Bar Method.  In fact, I wasn't even sore the next day.  Thank you, Bar Method! :) 

I have no idea how it happened, but I looked at my calendar and I realize I need to start my 10 miler training on MONDAY!  So here's my 10 week training plan -


I've always felt some training programs have too much running involved.  While some don't agree with this type of training, this is just a personal preference of mine.  I do best when I have rested, strong legs...not completely worn-out-by-race-day legs.  In fact, I once was a member of the local Road Runners Club and I LOVED it; the friendships made, the early morning hours (yes, HOURS) of running, and how everyone in the club loved running as much (or even more) than I did!  It was great! However, the actual half marathon race I ran at the end of the program was my worst race to date - I was drained, my legs were exhausted, and I just wanted it to be over.

So I took what I learned from the Road Runner's Club and made it work for me....and created this training program.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment