Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Bar Method


I've heard such wonderful things about the Bar Method and how it lifts and tones your muscles in a unique way compared to most "lifting" workouts.  I'm not going to lie, going into it, I thought I would only stick with it for about a month before our wedding and then quit my membership.   I bought my initial month for the $99 first-time-client special package, which I thought was crazy expensive but now, 7 months later, I'm completely HOOKED!

I am so in love with the workout -  It focuses on your posture and creating lean, long muscles.  After each intense working session, there's a stretch session, which really increases flexibility and creates that lean muscle every woman is trying to achieve.  I have never been flexible but day-by-day, I'm seeing my flexibility increase.

Every class is different - After my first workout, I thought every class would be the same.  But the more classes I went to, I realized how unique each class is.  Yes, each class follows the same outline - arm work, thigh work, seat work, round back, flat back, curl, back dancing, final stretch, but each class is a completely different workout...some classes incorporate a ball (killer!), a mat (also a killer!), and different exercises to target those deep muscles.

Bar Method is unlike any other workout I've done - I've done BodyPump, Bootcamp classes, spin, yoga, running...the list goes on and on.  But this workout has completely changed my body.  For me, BodyPump makes me stronger but I look plump, it's just the way my body works with lifting heavy weights.  Bar Method has given me the leanest, tonest (is that a word? no.) arms and legs I've ever had in my life.  I am completely shocked because the highest weight I pick up is 4 lb.  How do I get more defined arms with 4 lbs?!?  It works!!  The hour goes by so fast and you barely break a sweat, yet you get a complete body changing workout.  See for yourself....

Arms before and after Bar Method
Before and after Bar Method


Let's be honest, the Bar Method is amazing...go try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment