Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pregnancy | The Third Trimester

We officially survived the first two trimesters!  Where has the time gone?  I'm feeling pretty amazing and now we're just counting down the days until our little guy to join us!


Symptoms - Around Week 33-34, I am officially starting to experience frequent urination.  Fortunately, I can't believe I'm just starting to feel this!  Unfortunately, it's like Baby Boy is using my bladder as his new trampoline toy.  No real other symptoms - feeling great!  High energy (surprising...being 35+ weeks in mid-July).  I've never been a napper and I've literally never taken a nap throughout this entire pregnancy.  I'm sure in a few short weeks I'll be wishing I could nap and sleep all day!

I'm also starting to notice a different feeling when it comes to his kicks.  He's definitely kicking/moving more up towards my ribs.  It doesn't hurt at all...I actually LOVE the feeling...it's like he's massaging my ribs!  It feels more like he's swimming or floating around rather than kicks.

Mood - Feeling SO excited and shocked that in just a few short weeks our lives will be forever changed.  I'm doing a little reading/research about labor, etc.  I know everyone's different and has a different story but I feel so much better going into things feeling prepared and knowing what I'm in for.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about the labor/delivery process but I'm trying to focus on the amazing outcome...my little sweet boy in our arms!

I'm finally feeling prepared!  We are so lucky to have had three Showers so we have just about everything we need - car seat, stroller, crib, changing pad, rockers, bouncers, diapers, pack 'n play, and tons of sweet little clothes....

I just ordered my hospital bag and have set aside things that will go right in there.  I'll do a separate post on What's in My Hospital Bag shortly.

Amazon Vera Bradley Weekender Travel Bag

Cravings - Again, no extreme food cravings and absolutely no food aversions. I'm starting to notice a decrease in my appetite around 30 weeks or so.  Maybe there's no more room in there?  Since it's so hot outside, I would love to live off fruit and popsicles but I don't think that's a very healthy option!  I started adding my one cup of iced coffee most mornings.  I just missed that taste so much and really look forward to a relaxing morning with my (small) cup of coffee.

Exercise - I've been doing my Bar Method classes about 3 days/week and lots of walks with my pup.  I'm finding the hills around my house are a struggle to get up with the heat, humidity, and little guy growing so much.  Every now and then I'll do a short upper body workout but I'm mostly trying to relax and enjoy those Bar Method classes while I can!

Sleep -  Like I said earlier, Baby Boy has found my bladder and I'm up about 2-3 times/night because of his new found love for it!  I think my body is just getting prepared for the feedings every 2-3 hours once our Baby Boy arrives.  Using the long pillow in between my legs has really helped with the restless leg syndrome I was experiencing towards the end of the second trimester.  I move from side to side pretty often just to give my shoulders and hips a break.  I've been pretty fortunate in the sleep department throughout this entire pregnancy.  I think staying active throughout the day really helps!

Looking forward to - Our whole world changing!  I'm so ready for all the memories we'll make with our little guy.  I'm looking forward to starting new holiday and family traditions.  I know he's not even here yet but I feel like my life will truly begin once he joins us.  I've always wanted to be a mother and I'm so glad he's making this dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment